Research
First Idea
Through the ideas that I came up with, I had a general idea of what the Ads would look like. When coming up with ideas for Article 31: Leisure time and Play, I wanted to portray the innocence and simplicity of childhood, through the use of nostalgia and the use of an outdoor scenario. I felt that adults would easily connect to the meaning of the Ad and it would spark memories of their childhood and thus make them conscious of their children's need to move around, explore and have fun whilst doing so.When thinking of this scenario, aesthetically I immediately imagined a child playing in a field running around with golden hour lighting to give a more relaxed and soothing emotion. Whilst looking for inspiration online I couldn't find exactly what I imagined and only a few things correlated to my vision. Nevertheless, I believe that they showcase, at least, parts of what I have in mind.
I think this video somewhat portrays what I had in mind, it also inspired me to shoot in slow motion since it creates an effect of calm and serenity when accompanied by slow-paced music.
![]() |
| Figure 1: Gladiator |
This also immediately reminded me of a scene from the film 'Gladiator', sometimes known as the 'Golden Fields' and a scene from the film '300'. Both are very emotional scenes and I think that it would make for a great scene in this scenario s well.
![]() |
| Figure 2: 300 |
My second idea revolves around the right to an opinion which I was inspired to do because I see people dismiss the ideas and opinions of children, thinking that they have nothing valuable to say. I thought that portraying a mother that doesn't listen to her child, loses something and the child knows where that object is, the child tries to tell her, but she dismisses him and continues her search not even having acknowledged what her son said. the environment would be a household environment maybe messy.
![]() |
| Figure 3: Home Environment |
![]() |
| Figure 4: Colour Temperature |
Idea Three
I wasn't really sure what to do for the third idea, I was feeling a bit drained of creativity at that point. I had a very flimsy idea to make an infographic, I eventually decided to make it on privacy, since I've seen a lot of comments online from a lot of parents that seem to forget that children should have at least a form of privacy depending on their age. Parents want to know what their child is doing on their phone and that is a justified concern, however, when a parent starts using their child online to gain follows and likes it is invading the child's privacy. Practically denying them the choice to be public with their life or not.
![]() |
| Figure 5: Privacy |
References
Youtube.com, (2019). Woman walking in wheat field at sunset - YouTube [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Uo75TlYzc [Accessed 24/3/2019].
Cafleurebon.com, (2019). The Gladiator Russel Crowe in Val D'Orcia - Cafleurebon - Perfume and Beauty Blog Cafleurebon – Perfume and Beauty Blog [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.cafleurebon.com/parfumeurs-du-monde-val-dorcia-thierry-bernard-2018-new-perfume-review-2018-the-gladiator-draw/the-gladiator-russel-crowe-in-val-dorcia/ [Accessed 24/3/2019].
Pinterest.com, (2019). (83) Pinterest [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/163325923956577924/ [Accessed 24/3/2019].
Hess, J. (2017). Managing Color Temperature in Production ⋆ FilmmakerIQ.com. [online] FilmmakerIQ.com. Available at: https://filmmakeriq.com/lessons/color-temperature-production/ [Accessed 25 Mar. 2019].
Mymodernmet.com, (2019). Infographic: Your Lack of Privacy on the Internet [ONLINE] Available at: https://mymodernmet.com/infographic-your-lack-of/ [Accessed 25/3/2019].





Comments
Post a Comment